Genny’s raw pea soup is a variation of a sweet pea soup recipe passed on to me by a friend. You will need a blender to make this recipe.
- 1 cup green (sweet) peas.
- 1/2 bunch parsley (Use the leaves for the soup. You can use the stems to make juice, if you have a juicer.)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- juice of half a lemon or lime (I like lemon & lime juice, you may want to put less in according to your tastes)
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 3 green onions
- a few sprigs of fresh dill or a generous pinch of dried dill
- Blend until smooth & serve.
The recipe above makes one large portion. You can safely double or triple the recipe depending on the size of the container for your blender. The soup is also nice served cold, though it will thicken somewhat after being refrigerated. If all went well, you should have something that looks like this: