- 2 cups grated organic carrots
- 1 Tbsp raw unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed unfiltered organic olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed organic lemon juice
- Grate the carrots in the food processor using the coarse grating attachment (or use a hand/box grater using with a coarse grate) and place grated carrots in a mixing bowl.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil to the grated carrots
- mix together well, serve and enjoy!
Please note that you may want to increase/decrease the amount of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice to taste. I tend to like a little less of these ingredients so that the natural flavour of the carrots come through. I’ve previously made a post about the nutrient profile of carrots, which you may want to check out given the prominent role carrots play in this recipe.
From the basic carrot salad recipe above, you can add additional ingredients to extend the dish. I’ve tried the following additions to the basic recipe:
- chopped parsley, chopped soaked pecans
- chopped parsley, hemp seeds
- sesame seeds and chopped sun-dried organic pineapple
The best additions so far in my opinion have been #3 on the list. I’m going to keep playing around and see what works nicely. Please share your successes with extending the basic recipe in the comments section of this post.
- I tired making carrot salad in the past using a fine grate for the carrots and was not happy with the results.