Apple and ginger is a classic juice combination. This combination combines apple juice with the rich earthy flavour of fresh ginseng root. I have tried the combination with several varieties of apple (including pink lady and fuji) and find that Granny Smith produces the best result for my palate.
- organic granny smith apples
- fresh ginseng root
- ice cubes (optional)
- Your favourite juicer
- Juice 3-4 apples for every 2-3 small ginseng root.
- Put all ingredients through the juicer
- Test juice for taste and adjust by adding more apples or ginseng.
- Serve over ice cubes in a glass and enjoy!
You can find fresh ginseng at many Asian markets. Try to get organically grown ginseng if you can – you can even try growing your own
QUESTION: What is your favourite variety of apple, especially with this juice combination and why? Please share your thoughts in the comments section of this post.